When you’re in the market for a microphone, it’s always best to know what you’re looking for. There are certain models that are better suited for specific things and others that are good at everything. If you aren’t sure what you will be using yours for, it’s best to get one that works well in a variety of situations, so you are getting the most bang for your buck. The MXL 770 fits that bill and has some other features that you might like too.
- Gold sputtered diaphragm
- Has solid bass
- Good value
- Cardioid pattern
- Vocals come across clearly
- Has preamp and transformerless output
- Have to buy extras to use it
- Attractive design. The design is black with gold accents, which lets you know that you aren’t dealing with something cheap. It actually has gold in its diaphragm, which allows it to sound better even when it encounters quick movements. Gold is also a great conductor of electricity, which is the reason why it’s used in many electronics. This is important in mics because they have to be powered to work well and having gold inside of them may make them work better than items that don’t have this precious metal.
- Great for different purposes. It can be used for a variety of different purposes as well. If you want to use it for singing, talking, or even playing music, you will get a clear sound no matter what. It will even work well with pianos, which is something all microphones can’t do.
- Comes with storage case and mount. You get a storage case and a shock mount when you buy this mic. The case is rugged and made of plastic with foam inside of it. You can be sure that it’s not moving around a lot when you use this case, and it can protect all the little parts. The shock mount also fits securely in this case, and when it is placed on the mic, it helps limit movement and hinders it from being able to be heard on your recordings.
- Works with many stands. No stand comes standard with this one, but it is able to be used with a variety of different ones. This means whatever stand you choose should be just fine for this one.
- High quality product. This product is a professional grade mic that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on. It’s able to provide good sounds and it is sturdy to boot. You won’t have to worry about buying something better when you get this one, unless you need a product that is specialized for a purpose that this one can’t fulfill.
Who should use it?
This is a very powerful condenser mic that is a good value for the money. If you don’t have a top of the line model and you can’t afford one, this one is for you. It doesn’t require being overly concerned about what you are going to do with it. It will sound perfect whether you have your own podcast, record albums, and pretty much anything in between.
It is also good for any skill level. If you have never owned a mic like this, it’s a good one to start with. You will have to buy a phantom power supply and a stand to be able to use it, but those are must haves for any home studio anyway, so you aren’t going to be buying things that you can’t use.
If you have owned many before, this is still a great one. It has a lot of features that make it different from your run of the mill condensers, including gold sputter inside the diaphragm and a sturdy case to keep it safe when you have to move it around. It also has transformerless output, which does a lot to keep audio from leaking. Its cardioid hearing pattern also allows it to be able to hear things to the side too. This lets you know that you don’t have to stand or sit right in front of it for it to hear you. It should be able to pick up all the parts of your voice or music.
Beginners may get spoiled if they use this mic first, but that’s not a reason not to get one. It has excellent sound, looks good, and performs well for different types of recording. It’s able to pick up instruments, singing, or talking, which essentially covers all your bases.
People that are experienced in the game can also use purchase this as a suitable upgrade to a cheaper or inferior device that they need to replace. It will deliver warm vocals and sounds, and it isn’t really out of most price ranges. At the same time, it can be used in the meantime when you’re saving for the model that you really want without having to sacrifice any quality. Since it’s a standard size and fits on virtually any mic stand, it should be no problem.
Finding the perfect microphone for you isn’t always as easy as you might think. You need to do a lot of research, watch videos, and maybe even go to the music store and put your hands on some of the models you’re looking at. Even with all that work, it still won’t tell you how well the product will perform for what you intend to do with it. That’s why you have to go out on a limb and try some of the best items available sometimes, and they might be just what you needed. The MXL 770 is a great model to use because its sturdy, doesn’t need a whole lot of extra stuff to be able to work, and it can make you sound professional, even if you happen to be recording out of your bedroom. No one will know, but people will notice that your work sounds like you really know what you’re doing.