Producing and recording music is something that takes a while to learn and be able to do properly. However, when you have great tools and top of the line electronics to help you, the process becomes easier. If you are trying to become better at these things, the LyxPro HAS-10 Professional Studio Headphones can help you out with that. Keep reading for the pros and cons, as well as a discussion of their most important features.
- Ear cups can rotate
- Has good kick
- Has no bleed
- Closed ear design
- No detachable cord
- No volume controls
- Comfortable construction. This product has a stainless steel skeleton, which is great in terms of durability. The headband is covered in leather, so it sits on the head without causing any pain. The ear cups also have leather outer and on the inside there is memory foam, so you can get a great fit when you use them. The adjustable arms on the side of the headband are made out of aluminum, so they are sturdy and flexible. These are high quality materials, and mean that this product isn’t just covered in cheap plastic pieces. It also lets you know that they are meant to last and not just look pretty.
- Great for many uses. Unlike some other gadgets, this one is good for a number of different tasks. Not only can you use them when you are trying to edit and record music, but they are great if you use them in conjunction with monitors or not, since they will sync up nicely and still sound good. They’re formulated to have an instant response, making them very effective and useful. Some people use these for DJ events and live concerts, since the ear pieces rotate and you are able to just wear one ear at a time if you need to. You can even use them for just listening to music, since they will give you clear audio.
- Delivers good sound at any volume. Since they have good kick, you can listen to these at any volume and they will sound good. That means you can turn them way up or listen to them at a low volume, and either way, you’ll still be able to hear all the parts of the music or song.
- Great at noise cancellation. Another great aspect is that they excel at cancelling out noise. This not only protects you from hearing other things going on around you when you need to concentrate, but it also protects you from spying ears. The people around you won’t be able to hear what you’re listening to either, even if the volume is rather high.
- Lightweight. Even though they are so sophisticated, they still don’t weigh much. They are only a little over half a pound, so they won’t weigh you or your bag down if you need to take them to a show or travel with them.
Who should use this?
If you are a semi-professional or professional in the music industry, you can find a use for these in your life. They are made well, look cool, and have features that other products don’t have. You’ll be able to hear music and edit if you need to. Moreover, if you are a DJ, these will be perfect, since you won’t have to be fighting them when you want to just wear one ear to hear.
They are exceptional for editing purposes whether you are at your studio or somewhere else, since they can sound just as good as high quality monitors. At the same time, they won’t wake anyone up when you use them, so you should be able to edit any time of the night or day when you wear them.
You can use them for gaming if you need to, but you will have to have a microphone as well, since you can’t talk to people using these. This doesn’t mean that they won’t be an asset to you when you are playing video games however, especially now that many games give you audio cues when action is picking up and when major events are imminent.
They are adjustable, comfortable, and have powerful drivers inside of them, so they aren’t something that you will likely grow out of. Even if you find other headphones that are more sophisticated, there will still be a reason to use these from time to time. You may want to just use them to listen to music, which they will also do quite well, unlike many professional items.
You will have to get used to the cords because they are not removable, but that shouldn’t really be a problem, since you know they will always have a solid connection. Wireless headphones sometimes have connection problems, so they aren’t as straightforward when it comes to learning how to use them.
Another thing that isn’t perfect is that there are no volume controls on the device. However, since you’ll be using them for music purposes most likely, the electronics that you plug them into will allow you to control the volume. They will sound good no matter what volume you have them at too, so that isn’t something to be overly concerned about.
These headphones are for professionals that make their own music or perform live shows, such as DJ events. They are made of the best materials, have powerful internal components, and are able to let you hear clearly at any level. You can also use them if you just want to listen to music, and they are for all skill levels. They’re designed to offer a crystal clear sound and will block out outside noises. If you are looking for something to use in conjunction with your monitors or just need a nice pair of headphones, the LyxPro HAS-10 are worth giving a second look. They will hold up well and will stay comfortable, even after hours of use.