Sometimes you need a microphone that is perfect for live music or recording instruments. The Sennheiser e906 Supercardioid Dynamic Mic is perfect for these tasks and can be rather handy at home or at a show. It comes with a few extras and has some really cool features as well. Keep reading for everything you need to know about this product, so you can decide if you need one in your collection or not.
- Flat shape
- Can be set up in different ways
- Fast attack
- Comes with carrying pouch
- Doesn’t need additional power supply
- Not suited for all recording purposes
- Has a reinforced body. Even though this product is small, it is mighty. The body is constructed of metal, so it is very sturdy. You don’t have to worry about it suddenly breaking, since it’s put together well. You should be able to get a lot of use out of it without it becoming harmed at all. The fact that it’s small and compact also helps with its overall strength.
- Has 3 different sound types to choose from. Everyone knows that there are multiple types of music that you may play. To help with this, there are 3 sound types you can choose from, right on the mic. They are different sound characters which are bright, moderate, and dark. You can play around with them a bit to see what works well for your sound and to determine which one you like the best.
- Designed to sit right on an amp. The unique design allows for it to sit right on an amp without getting messed up or not working properly. It can also be set up on a stand or sit on other instruments, such as drums. This gives a versatility that you may appreciate, especially if you want to use it for these purposes.
- Fast transient response. It also features a fast transient response. If you are unaware, this simply means it will be able to hear when sounds change dramatically and will still be able to follow them. It won’t become a problem if you are playing music and the song suddenly starts picking up or changes tone, since it can adapt well to these kinds of changes.
- Unlikely to pick up other noises. Since this one should be placed right on your amp or directly on an instrument, it shouldn’t pick up other noises. Normally, microphones will pick up a lot of what is heard in the background, but that is not the case with this one.
- Comes with a 10 year warranty. There is a 10 year warranty associated with this product. That is a very long time to enjoy any type of microphone, much less one that is so small and can potentially get so much use. You are pretty much guaranteed to get your money’s worth when you purchase one, but if you don’t, you can always fall back on this long term warranty.
What it Excels At
This product is meant to be used as a mic for guitar amps, so it excels at a few things in that regard. Here’s a look at these things.
- Live music. If you play live shows, this is a product that you can get some use out of. You don’t have to buy anything extra, and you can just plug it right into your amp.
- Recording live music. If you plan on recording yourself playing guitar, this is also good for you. You can place it on your amplifier and record using it. It isn’t too hard to do and it should sound great, since it won’t be picking up a lot of other sounds.
- A variety of different instruments. Even if you don’t play the guitar, but you play something else that can be plugged into an amp, like the drums, you can utilize this cool device. Again, you can use it for live performances, or when you want to record.
Who Should Use It
Anyone that already has a great amp and plays the guitar a lot would most likely get years of use out of this product. It comes with a carrying case, a clip, and an adapter, so you are all set if you want to use it in conjunction with a stand. In fact, it will work well with most stands; you can just do a quick online search to see which ones are applicable. These little details make it special, and its warranty makes it even more noteworthy.
The microphone itself is so small that it won’t even be noticeable sitting on your amp, but you’ll really be able to tell it’s there. It can make your concerts or recordings sound even better than normal, and it is better than some of the other similar products that are out there.
Moreoever, perhaps the best reason to look into this product is that there are not really any cons to ownership. It works exactly like it should, it has 3 presets, so it can match the sound you play, and it can be set up in a variety of different ways. It’s also incredibly strong and powerful, so you won’t have to baby it.
Playing music live is already enthralling enough, but when you have a specialized speaker that can make it sound even better, with a clean sound that doesn’t allow background noises to muck it up, you have something really special. The Sennheiser e906 has a unique design, is potent, and is a great value. There is a substantial warranty, you can set it up in whatever way fits your needs, and you can use it for different instruments. It doesn’t do everything, but if you have a need for something that is great for live music, there are not a lot of microphones better than this one. It is a small item that packs a big punch.