Manufactured under the umbrella of TASCAM technology, DR-60D MkII DSLR is an audio recorder to capture the sound of high quality. Designed and approved after months of evaluation and testing by TASCAM, it flawlessly serves the needs of both amateurs and professionals.
It easily integrates with different cameras like, Canon, Nikon, Sony and others. Its structure contains a screw tripod mounting on top and socket hole on the bottom.
It is mostly applauded as ‘the most versatile recorder on the market’ for providing multiple record modes which include four Channel Record, TASCAM’s Dual Record “Safety Track” style and Auto Record.
In order to record quality sound, the quality mic preamp area is a necessity. DR-60D fulfills this through its HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamplifiers which have been upgraded from their antecedent for up to 64Db gain, placing their discrete circuitry parts to good use, along with its renowned AD converters.
For a low input noise, the DR-60D MkII DSLR Audio Recorder achieves a high equivalent input noise of 120Dbu. Making the most of TASCAM’s decades of experience, the light-weight structured device serves any sort of editing and changes you want in your sounds.
What’s In The Box?
- Provides a 4-track WAV/BWAV recording up to 96 kHz/24-bit
- So that data shouldn’t be lost in case of overload, it provides a backup through its Dual Record Mode
- Records to SD card media
- Individual headphone and line outputs
- 2 XLR/1/4” combination + 1/8” mini jack
- Low-cut filter to limit the noise, distorted recordings
- Clear audio quality to capture the slightest whisper and the loudest noise
- Comes with multiple record modes to trump any external (on-set) challenges- Mono/Dual Mono Mode, Stereo/Dual Stereo mode, 4CH mode
- Internal mixer for Pan and Level controls
- Self- timer function for solo recording
- Instead of menus, switches are installed which make it easier to use.
- Its high-quality microphone preamps, analog/digital converters and recording format is more enhanced than regular camera specs audio.
- To prevent overloading of the camera, the output is diminished to mic level.
- Comes with a Slate function which plays a tone for easier synchronization with camera audio.
- Has improved XLR jacks.
- QUICK Button feature making it easily accessible for various functions.
- On reaching maximum file size, the new file starts recording automatically without interruption.
- Resume function memorizes the playback position before the unit is turned off.
- When necessary, the powers source switches automatically from external to internal showing the pop message while it happens.
- Lacks music extras like a tuner and metronome.
- Its plastic body does not feel as sturdy as a metal body.
- Unlike most TASCAM recorders, there are no built-in mics.
- Light top tripod screw can’t be trusted to hold anything heavier than a battery pack.
It is a resourceful device which finds its use for filmmakers, videographers and other novices who prefer DSLR over inferior audio technology. It fits easily under any camera and into any rig, depending on your work. TASCAM has upgraded it from the previous version to make it more user-friendly.
It is incredibly easy to use with the presence of external controls for every major operation. Its Slate function records a tone to the tracks so that it can be easily synchronized with the camera audio.
In case you are working with older editors, there is a software for synching with that too.
To eliminate the handling noises to a minimum and prevent the distortion of sound, a specific design has been made for its body structure and soft touch dials and keys. This makes it smoother than its predecessor.
Instead of relying on the software menus, preamp gain and other controls are made easily accessible from the front panel to allow physical control.
Looking past a few flaws, this device is a must-have for enthusiasts and professionals. The DR-60D MkII DSLR Audio Recorder is not only more efficient and more accurate than its contemporaries but is also available at a lower cost.
It works easily with any editing software. It records time stamped, Broadcast WAVE (BWAVE) files to SD card. It produces incredible, high-definition results no matter the class of your work.