If you are a budding musician, the Zoom Q2n Zoom Handy Video Recorder is what you need to capture your musical shows on high-quality videos that can reach a broader fan base. This camera is the only portable video recorder that outputs incredible audio with its built-in X/Y microphones, wide range of lighting presets, and its wide-angle lens. Capture high-density video and superlative audio in any situation and within any space—from the confines of a small apartment room to the expanse of a concert hall. You can film HD shots with the Q2n 160° wide-angle lens. This handy video recorder has a bright F/2.0 aperture that makes it extremely easy to capture video in different lighting environments. Choose to record video in 1080p HD or the lower 720p resolution with frame rates of 24 or 30 FPS, similar to those settings adopted by professionals in recording studios. Simple to use, the Q2n has pretty straightforward control buttons including an easy one-button recording option that does not stop you from capturing amazing videos with high-quality audio.
Small in size, this handy recording video can be carried in your pouch or backpack with effortless ease. Carry it in your guitar case to capture your surprise music notes. The Q2n comes with two standard size AA batteries, so you’re always prepared to record 2 hours of video in the comfort of your home or on the move. If you have a sudden urge to record audio, simply activate the “Camera Off” setting and the video function is disabled. Now, you can use the video camera’s built-in X/Y mics to capture live audio performances in stereophonic sound. The Zoom Q2n Zoom Handy Video Recorder has several other amazing features including 10 “scene” presets to help you record HD video in different lighting conditions, and the capacity to increase recording times by opting for a micro ST/SDHC/STXC card memory to the maximum allowed 128 GB. Save your video and audio recordings in MPEG-4 format and 24-bit/96 kHz high resolution respectively. Save your audio only recordings in WAV format. Test your limits with these X/Y stereo microphones. They are capable of handling even up to 120 dB SPL sound levels.
- Comes with item dimensions of 1.75” x 3.12” x 2.25”
- Weighs just 5 oz.
- Can handle video formats in HD and WVGA
- Handles a maximum video resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Has a frame rate range between 24 to 30 FPS
- Has a lens aperture of F2.0
- Comes with X/Y built-in microphones
- Fitted with a high-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- Compatible with Transcend, SanDisk, Toshiba, and Panasonic class 10 SD cards
- Designed with micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards capable of increasing memory to 128 GB
- Has an easy one-button recording option
- Comes with intuitive controls
- Saves audio in WAV format for a maximum of 24-bit/96 kHz
- Delivered with a 3-prong adapter tripod and APQ-2n accessory pack
- Captures videos easily in different lighting conditions
- Has capacity to record videos in 720p up to 1080p HD
- Extremely portable with its small size
- Allows 2 hours of filming with just two standard AA batteries
- Capable of high-density recording in studios as well as apartments
- Comes with easy-to-use and intuitive options including one-touch recording
- Captures high-impact video and audio with great ease
- Designed to record only audio in high-quality stereophonic sound
- Offers distortion-free recording even with sound pressure levels up to 120 dB SPL
- Powerful enough to capture the essence of your performances
- Adapts with 10 amazing “scene” presets to dimly lit room as well as concert settings
- Use its 160° wide-angle lens to focus on an individual perform or the entire band
- Comes with a useful LCD screen to record and review your videos
- Allows you to connect external mics and other audio devices
- Needs an adapter, especially when recording high-density videos
- Memory card is not included with the Q2n
- Delivered without a case
- Needs high-speed SD cards to perform well
- Offers moderate high-density video quality
TheZoom Q2n Zoom Handy Video Recorder is one of the most compact and versatile video recorders in its category and comes with features that will attract aspiring musicians. An acoustic guitarist can easily capture the essence of the music by placing this Q2n just 10’ away from the guitar. Finger neck details and nuanced string sounds can be easily captured by moving this video camera to around 3’ away from the guitar. It’s small enough for you to carry it just about anywhere you want. Put it in your guitar case or your travel bag to capture inspiring moments on the move. Two standard AA batteries allow you to record 2 hours of footage at your jam session, rehearsal, or concert. There’s nothing complicated about the controls, and even a beginner can record live sessions with its one-button recording option. Use its “Camera Off” setting to capture stereophonic sound with the help of its built-in X/Y mics. Your fans will imagine the recording to be a live performance. This multitrack recorder captures the full range of frequencies—from delicate piano notes to the high decibel drumming solos.
If you feel your audio recording needs more enhancements, simply connect an external mic or other audio device through its 1/8” stereo input jack. You can use its matching 1/8” stereo output jacks to listen to pre-recorded performances on your home stereo or other devices. Watch your high-density video recordings on a HDMI television set by connecting the Q2n through its HDMI micro Type D video output. You can also play your recordings on your laptop or computer using its USB port. Whether it’s live streaming or podcasting, this highly adaptable video recorder will help you capture these valuable moments in video or audio. Then, transfer it to a laptop or computer using your preferred high-capacity card reader. Audio settings must be set at 44.1 KHz/ 16 bits on a Windows Media Player. Opt for the optional iPad camera connection kit to use the Q2n to its full capacity. Otherwise, this Zoom Q2n Zoom Handy Video Recorder is the perfect option for musicians looking for an affordable, high-impact video camera. This versatile high-density video and audio recording camera is for users who need simple operating functions to achieve studio-quality recordings.