Hi! My name is Josh Thomas from Austin, Texas.
I’ve been a musician for over 20 years. Come follow me at Bandcamp to keep up with my latest releases: https://jthomas.bandcamp.com/follow_me
I found a lot of the information about home recording on the internet was either very technical and hard to understand, or focused on the inner specifics of the various DAWs. I started multitrackhq.com to offer a repository of information about home recording – audio fundamentals, techniques for recording specific instruments, reviews of the best products, and yes…even some DAW tutorials.
I use Pro Tools as my primary DAW, however I much prefer the recording experience of using a multitrack recorder. I’ll usually record into my Tascam DP-008EX, mixing and bouncing as I go, then eventually output to Pro Tools for a mix and additional EQ.
I hope you enjoy my website (and I hope you enjoy my tunes).
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
- CD-quality recording (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
Let’s Make Music NOW
I like to record covers of my favorite rock songs in my home studio.
Here’s my current gear:
- TASCAM DP-008EX multitrack
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface
- Alesis Multimix 4
- Line6 Mini Pod
- Amplitude for iOS
- Garageband for iOS
- ProTools for mixing
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Gibson Les Paul
- Gretsch Dreamliner
- Fender Jazz Bass
Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter: @multitrackhq
Thanks, have a great day!