Hi! My name is Josh Thomas from Austin, Texas.
I’ve been a musician for over 20 years. I enjoy recording tunes I liked over at jthomastunes.com
I found a lot of the information about home recording on the internet was either very technical and hard to understand, or focused on the inner specifics of the various DAWs. I started multitrackhq.com to offer a repository of information about home recording – audio fundamentals, techniques for recording specific instruments, reviews of the best products, and yes…even some DAW tutorials.
I use Pro Tools as my primary DAW, however I much prefer the recording experience of using a multitrack recorder. I’ll usually record into my Tascam DP-008EX, mixing and bouncing as I go, then eventually output to Pro Tools for a mix and additional EQ.
I hope you enjoy my website (and I hope you enjoy my tunes).
- A perfect music sketch pad with built-in high-quality stereo condenser microphones for multi-track recording anytime, anywhere
- Easy to operate, just like a cassette MRT, with recording preparation achievable in just two steps after turning the device on
- SD/SDHC cards are used for recording media, allowing data to be transferred to the computer via USB
- To ensure a simple, easy-to-use interface, no unnecessary features were included that might complicate the recording process
- Features two analog 1/4" inputs that allow users to connect external microphones, electric-acoustic guitars, and line-level devices
Let’s Make Music NOW
I like to record covers of my favorite rock songs in my home studio.
Here’s my current gear:
- TASCAM DP-008EX multitrack
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface
- Alesis Multimix 4
- Line6 Mini Pod
- Amplitude for iOS
- Garageband for iOS
- ProTools for mixing
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Gibson Les Paul
- Gretsch Dreamliner
- Fender Jazz Bass
Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter: @multitrackhq
Thanks, have a great day!