If you plan to set up a studio for recording, you’re in the right place. It’s true that you need all kinds of equipment. Studio monitor stands happen to be one of them.
We would like you to find the best studio monitor stand based on quality, performance, and whether it fits your budget. To help you make the best decision possible, we will provide you with a buyer’s guide that will serve as a roadmap that goes from not knowing what to get to the monitor stands you want on your doorste.
This may be the first step in setting up your studio for recording music. Whether it’s instrumental music done on a computer or if you have a few musicians just jamming out, these studio monitor stands listed below may prove themselves helpful.
With that said, let’s dive right in:
We will be doing a review of the five studio monitor stands:
- Gator Frameworks Desktop Clamp-On Monitor and Speaker Stand
- Pyle Dual Studio Monitor 2 Speaker Stand Mount Kit
- Hopwell Desktop Speaker Stands
- Rockville RHT8B Computer/Bookshelf Desktop Speaker/Studio Monitor Stands
- Synthizer Desktop Speaker Stands
Why Do You Need Studio Monitor Stands?
You may need studio monitor stands because you’ll probably be using more than one computer monitor. So it makes sense to have additional spaces to put them.
The more monitors you are using, the more monitor stands you’ll need. There’s a good chance that you’ll be using at least two monitor stands at a time.
As you will notice, the studio monitor stands that are on the list will be two in one package deal. That’s because most studio setups will use two monitors at least. That’s because you will be running multiple programs, and one screen to keep track of them all won’t be enough.
If you plan to use more than two monitors, you’ll want to purchase another monitor stand. You could buy another set of two, use one for a monitor, and the other for something else.
Buyer’s Guide: What To Consider Before Purchasing
To help you find the best studio monitor stands, we want you to go through this buyer’s guide; this contains the factors you want to consider before purchasing the set of monitor stands you want for your setup.
Choosing the best set will be a challenge since they are not all created equal. With that said, let’s take a look now at what you need to consider:
The price tag may be something that you’ll look at when you are on a budget. However, it should not be the only reason why you are buying it.
The thing to remember is that high-priced stands will equal higher quality. If you go for the cheapest option, the quality won’t be the best. If you cannot afford the higher-end choices, find the best quality that fits your budget.
One of the features these stands have is adjustability. Specifically, this will pertain to height or width. You want the stands to fit your monitors both in size and allow you the ability to look at them in an ergonomically friendly way.
Yes, ergonomics should be something you want to focus on when you are at your studio workstation. You want to be as comfortable as possible. Poor ergonomics can often lead to injury and long-term discomfort.
Since you are going to be dealing with stands, it’s essential to know what the weight limit is. Some monitors will be lighter in weight compared to others. That also will depend on the size of the monitor as well.
Larger monitors will weigh a bit more compared to smaller ones. Those with a heavier weight limit will often be stands made from durable materials such as aluminum.
Most of these stands can be easily portable. It will depend on the size and other features, including folding legs and telescopic adjustments.
The smaller the studio monitor stands are, the more portability it may have. For example, you may have it set up in a studio, or you can set it up at the venue where you may be doing a live show.
The good news is most of these stands are portable, and they don’t weigh a ton. But you do want to pay attention to the size dimensions as they may affect your options in terms of portability and how they are transported.
Some of the additional features may be minimal. It is advised to look at some of the smaller features, such as the feet of the stand (if available). Some of these stands with a tripod setup will have feet made of rubber or something similar.
This is designed to prevent slippages from happening. As long as the stand is sturdy, you will be able to keep things stable.
Pay attention to the type of material used to make these stands. Steel and aluminum are usually the best two types since they are durable and can handle heavier objects like a computer monitor.
The overall size of the monitor stand should also be taken into account. That’s because you may have monitors that are larger in size, so it may require a stand that is large enough to handle them.
Studio Monitor Stand Reviews
Here we will unveil our list of five studio monitor stands that we think are the best available on the market. Of course, you may choose the monitor stand based on that feature alone. Otherwise, read the reviews carefully (along with the pros and cons) to decide if the monitor stand is worth the investment or not.
Let’s dive right in:
Gator Frameworks Desktop Clamp-On Studio Monitor and Speaker Stand
First up, we will be talking about the Gator Frameworks Desktop Clamp-On Studio Monitor and Speaker Stand. These are clamp-on stands, so it may be used if you have enough desk space to spread them out.
Before including the rest of your equipment, I highly suggest installing these first. That way, you’ll have a good idea of where to place the monitors and then add on the rest of the equipment.
- Pair of (2) desktop studio monitor clamp-on stands
- 12"/305mm x 9"/229mm speaker platform with soft, EVA-lined surface
- Clamps to desktop surfaces 2. 25"/57mm in thickness.
- Fits most small-sized studio monitor speakers both vertically and horizontally.
- Product Dimensions: 13. 5"/353mm (L) x 12" /305mm (W) x 3. 5" /89mm (H), Net Weight: 5 lbs. /0. 45 kg, Weight Capacity: 60 lbs. /27. 23 kg
These stands are perfect for smaller-sized monitors. If your studio setup is small and simple, we’d highly suggest giving these stands a shot.
The versatility is one of the big things we like about these stands. Either we can use them for one piece of equipment or the other.
- Solid construction.
- Easy to install on surfaces.
- Great for small monitors and speakers.
- Very sturdy.
- It may require a thicker desk surface to be successfully fastened.
Pyle Dual Studio Monitor 2 Speaker Stand Mount Kit
Next is the Pyle Dual Studio Monitor 2 Speaker Stand Mount Kit. These have a tripod design that comes with telescoping adjustments. You can adjust the stand to the appropriate height, if you so choose.
This comes with anti-slip feet to ensure excellent stability and equal weight distribution. This is one of the best stands that you can use if you have an even bigger setup or if you are taking your setup on the road for a live event.
- TRIPOD LEG DESIGN: Center brace connects tripod legs for increased stability The tripod speaker stands collapse easily to fit inside the bag for easy transportation It can hold speakers of up to 90 lbs firmly and steadily for better sound effect
- EASY TELESCOPING HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: It features a telescoping center column that is adjustable ranging from 340” to 530” inch high and secure it with the safety support pin assures structural stability Built durable and reliable for long term use
- ANTI SLIP PADS: Pyle dual monitor speaker stand features anti slip rubber grip speaker pads along with an equal weight distribution makes the base extremely stable and safe They are perfect for studio recording and on-stage DJ performances
- METAL PLATFORM BASE: With its unique feature, metal platform base in 89’’ x 89’’ inches and 2mm thickness reinforced solid seam arc-welded metal construction is the industry’s most in-demand and easy-to-use stand on the market
- EASY STORAGE AND TRANSPORT: Conveniently folds for safe storage and hassle free transport portability Used for home and professional applications that overstand other’s speaker stand
It’s easy to store and transport from one place to the next. If you are a DJ looking to take their show on the road, you’d be insane not to get anything like this for your studio monitors or speakers.
These stands can hold up to 90 pounds. So you are getting very sturdy construction at a pretty good price.
- Very sturdy construction
- Handles up to 90 pounds (per stand)
- Easy telescopic adjustment
- Affordable for most budgets
- The tray isn’t wide enough for larger monitors and speakers
Hopwell Desktop Speaker Stands
Next on the list is the Hopwell Desktop Speaker Stands. Again, these are stands that will fit well for both small monitors and speakers. The versatility of these is what impresses us.
These are made from high-quality carbon steel material. If durability is something that you don’t want to compromise on, you’ll definitely want to snag these. Even at the price that it’s going for, you’re getting a steal of a deal.
- OPTIMIZE LISTENING EXPERIENCE - Designed with 5-degree nicely angle speakers to ear level for listening, fixed with anti-vibration silicon rubber pads, providing sound separation and prevent muddiness, more of a 'pure' sound to your ear.
- PREMIUM CARBON STEEL - Precisely made from premium quality carbon steel. Upgraded thickening construction secures the held device and retain its original shape after stress has been applied and removed. Heavy-duty and stay sturdy the speakers stands on your tabletop.
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN - Clean and minimalist look, great space saver makes your desktop or bookshelf look less cluttered, smart C-shaped design leaves your computer desk with lots of storage space underneath. Vital to managing your other audio or cable items.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE - The HOPWELL Speaker Stands universal design makes them compatible with a wide range of speaker brands. The larger top plates support most standard 3”-5” studio monitors.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - The steel construction means you can place speakers weighing up to 28lbs and safely enjoy your speaker stands for years to come.
The other thing we like about these is the C-shaped design. You can place a monitor up to. Then, on the bottom, you’ll have plenty of storage space for other pieces of equipment or whatever else.
If you are looking for the closest to a universally compatible speaker stand, we highly suggest these in particular especially when you are using larger sized monitors that measure anywhere from three to five inches.
- Unique design.
- Super sturdy.
- Great for 3 to 5 inch monitors.
- Easily portable.
- May slip at times.
2 Rockville RHT8B Computer Desktop Studio Monitor Stands
If you are looking for something simple and affordable, the Rockville RHT8B Computer Desktop Studio Monitor Stands may be what you need.
It may also be proven helpful if you have a couple of microphones as part of your setup. If you have smaller pieces of equipment, we highly suggest checking these out.
- Includes: 8 Isolation pads. 4 Cable clips. 4 Cable ties. 16 Screws
- 2 Rockville RHT8B Computer/Bookshelf Desktop Speaker/Studio Monitor Stands-Black. Finished with premium furniture-grade paint that will not crack, chip, or peel. Made from high quality medium density fiber core to minimize resonance. Isolation pads create a no-slip surface as well as improve acoustical performance. 66 lbs. load capacity allows you to use a heavier speaker without compromising stability
- Stands Height: 8". Base plate size: 11.8" 9". Top Platform size: 9.25" 7.28". Item Load weight capacity: 66 lbs. Item weight per pair: 9.6 lbs. Shipping weight: 11.5 lbs. Color: Black. Shipping dimensions: 13.8" x 10" x 11.4". Product dimension: 11.8" x 9" x 8"
They’re sturdy, reliable, and worth using in your setup, especially if your setup is more minimalist compared to others.
- Very sturdy construction.
- Great for self-powering monitors.
- Fitting for minimalist setups.
- It may require more space on your desk than expected.
Synthizer Desktop Adjustable Speaker/Monitor Stand
Lastly, we’ll talk about the Synthizer Desktop Adjustable Speaker/Monitor Stand. If you are looking for something that is easily adjustable and versatile, we highly suggest you check these out.
These have a C-Shape design like the Hopwell. So you can set a speaker or monitor at the top while including the bottom part as additional storage space if and when needed.
- Adjustable height : box of two stands, the desk speaker stands height will adjust to fit your setup and you stature
- Heavy duty but not bulky: one desktop speaker stand can easily hold up to 20lbs (max speaker size advised is W 8.8"-H 13.5"-D 10.5") with a light aluminum structure
- Versatile: Use them as studio monitor desk stand for your reference speakers or simply as small speaker stand in your living room
- Balanced: the weight repartition and the full base make the 3S-X studio monitor desk stands very stable, even with larger speakers
- Easy to set up : One bolt and one nut for each stand with small foam pads included to decouple even more
For a much easier set up, these are the stands that you want to work with. If you are a beginner to the whole thing, it is advised to get these stands for your setup, especially if you have to keep things simple when starting.
You may already have a setup idea in mind and want to keep it within a specific budget. It starts with finding the right display equipment like these stands.
- Excellent versatility.
- Great for those new to setting up their studio.
- Solid construction.
- It can handle most monitors and speakers.
- May become unstable with much heavier monitors.
If you are looking for studio monitor stands that are sturdy and go well with any setup, the five listed above are your best bet. We hope that you found this review to be very helpful in your selection process.