If you want to know more about what a parametric EQ pedal is, you’re in the right place; this is something that many people use when playing their favorite guitar and want to make it sound more awesome.
Parametric EQs are different from graphic EQs. You get better control and versatility when it comes to sound frequencies. Guitar players use parametric EQ pedals to distort and enhance the sound of their guitars while they are playing.
Many of the world’s best guitar players have relied on these. You can find one that fits your personal needs, preferences, and budget. You’ll also need something to enhance the sound because the acoustics of the venue you play at will differ.
Why Do You Need An EQ Pedal?
An EQ pedal helps cut or boost the frequencies depending on how the pedal is being designed. It will also give you more control over many different frequency bands.
At the end of the day, you would want more control over your sound. You can tone down the bass or make some adjustments to the treble if needed. Again, the venue you play at will affect it.
You can also add an extra channel to your amp using an EQ pedal. Some amps may not give you a clean enough channel for better quality sound. An EQ pedal will remedy that.
If you also want to create special effects for your sound, your EQ pedal may allow you to do that. It will be as if you are pulling off all kinds of trickery while you’re playing guitar. Ever heard those space-like sound effects some guitarists can produce?
An EQ pedal can be responsible for that. With one press of the pedal, you can create a sound that will leave music lovers in awe during a live performance.
You can press down on the pedal and change the sound whenever you want. Whether it’s a small pedal or a large pedal, you’ll have the power of changing the sound at the bottom of your feet (rather than the palm of your hands).
Buyer’s Guide: What To Consider When Buying A Parametric EQ Pedal
Number of bands
One of the main features of an EQ pedal is the number of knobs. Typically, you’ll have three bands or four on some models. Compare that to the ten bands you’ll see on Graphic EQ pedals.
These knobs can help you tweak the sound with ease. You can adjust the knobs to create that sound you are looking for. At the same time, you want to make adjustments to where the sound can be compatible with the venue you’re playing in.
EQ pedals come in different sizes. If the pedal is small in size, there is no need to use many bands. Likewise, if you want many bands, then a large size pedal will be ideal.
Of course, not every EQ pedal will have the same price. So you will need to find one that will fit your budget. Find one that will give you the best control for your sound, reliability, and durability while making it affordable.
Best Parametric EQ Pedals
Now, we’ll be showing you some of the best parametric EQ pedals currently on the market. While many good EQ pedals are available, we chose these based on a few factors.
Let’s take a look at the following:
Donner EQ Pedal
The Donner EQ pedal has ten different bands that will be great for guitar, bass, and keyboard players. So it’s a pretty lovely pedal for the instrumental musician.
This has ten sliders that allow you the ultimate control of your sound. You can adjust the slides for a more accurate frequency curve. All the sliders are organized in a simple, easy-to-use interface for beginners.
This is a musician’s best friend, no matter which instrument they use. You can take this just about anywhere you can perform. Make the adjustments based on the venue and jam out.
- [Superior EQ Pedal] Convenient compact size, Suitable for any music style.The EQ Seeker is designed and built with carefully selected components to ensure best sound quality and road performance.
- [10 Band EQ] Fully functional 10-band graphic equalizer suitable for any instrument.
- [15dB Boost/Cut Range] Sliders for output level/EQ level control ,±15 dB adjustable gain range for each band.
- [Durable and Solid Construction] A well made durable and whole aluminium-alloy design. Plug polarity is positive on the barrel and negative in the center.
- [True Bypass] The true bypass design delivers a transparent tone. During transmission, the signal remains fully intact, passing through the effects pedal with no popping, buzzing or electric noise, let alone the loss of strength and frequencies. NOTICE: Power Adapter is NOT included.
Amuzik Equalizer 5-Band EQ Guitar Pedal
Next up is the Amuzik Equalizer 5-Band EQ Guitar Pedal. This has five bands that are easily organized to help you find that tone you want for your guitar.
This is an excellent guitar pedal for those who have electric guitars and want to create that ‘wow’ effect in front of a live audience. It’s also small in size, so if you don’t want a lot of bands, this could be something worth snagging (even at the price that it’s going for).
- 5 Band EQ pedal, Each band provides a range of ±18dB to help you find your favorite tone。 Includes the frequency bands: 100Hz, 250Hz, 630Hz, 1.6kHz and 4kHz ±18dB the adjustable range is wide.
- Excellent tone EQ Pedal electric guitar effect pedal with true bypass provide transparent tone,minimize the tone loss to keep the best tone quality.
- 【Mini Size】Small guitar graphic equalizer pedal in the world,Used to adjust the frequency response curve of electric guitar.
- Smallest guitar graphic equalizer pedal in the world,Used to adjust the frequency response curve of electric guitar.
- The power adapter of the EQ effect pedal is 9V 500mA DC output is routside of the negative (not included, please buy it at the Amuzik store), please feel free to contact us for any questions.
Orange Two Stroke Active Dual-Parametric EQ/ Boost Guitar Effects Pedal
We’ll be looking at the final parametric EQ pedal is the Orange Two Stroke Active Dual-Parametric EQ/Boost Guitar Effects Pedal. It’s small in size and has about four bands.
This provides up to 12db of clean boost. If you want excellent saturation for your amp, you’d be hard-pressed to find a pedal that will deliver that.
This also includes a transparent buffered bypass switch and an internal charge pump that will give you a cleaner, clearer sound. This simple pedal can be a guitarist’s best friend when jamming out with bandmates or putting on a show for the ages.
- 12dB clean boost plenty to saturate your amp’s front end
- Active dual-parametric EQ giving you seamless control over your tone
- Internal charge pump doubles the operating voltage to 18V
- Transparent buffered bypass
- 1 Year Warranty
We hope one of the three listed above is a good option if you are looking for a parametric EQ pedal. Guitar players can use a pedal to create excellent sounds while giving them plenty of control.
We hope this guide has been helpful in finding you an excellent parametric EQ pedal. You also don’t need to use a lot of bands to make such beautiful sounds while jamming out on your guitar. Choose a durable, reliable pedal, and gives you plenty to work with.
You’re bound to find one based on your personal needs and budget. Once you find one, you’ll probably won’t get enough of making sounds that even you would be impressed by.